October 10, 2012- During our most recent Medical Home meeting, two representatives from Baystate Health Rehabilitation Care– Clinical Supervisor Erin Jarosz and Physical Therapist Tien Pham- presented some of the pediatric services offered by Baystate Health Rehabilitation Care, among them being:
- Speech Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Coordination with Pediatric Developmental Services
- Equipment Evaluations with vendors
- Coordination with patients’ schools
- Collaboration with Visiting Nurse and other home health agencies to develop plans of care
- Coordination with local vendors to create adaptive designs for home assessments and to monitor progress and integrity of interventions
- Training of home therapists from other agencies
Our group had a lively meeting with Jarosz and Pham, discussing issues such as the agency’s inability to provide home visits, as it is solely an outpatient-based organization. Nevertheless, Baystate Health Rehabilitation Care is clearly a valuable resource for families of children with special needs. Dr. Matthew Sadof of High Street Health Center Pediatrics, also present at the meeting, discussed his intention to develop a plan for collaborative work between his agency and Baystate Rehab. Ultimately, Dr. Sadof hopes to develop a guidebook of successful strategies for regional families and their healthcare providers.
To learn more about the services offered by Baystate Health Rehabilitation Care, visit the agency’s web page at http://www.baystatehealth.org/Baystate/rehab.